Emergency department and trauma services
Columbus Community Hospital has a team of highly-trained emergency physicians and nurses who are on duty 24/7 to accurately assess and treat your acute medical problems. The emergency department (ED) team also receives support from qualified staff in respiratory care, social work, laboratory and radiology.
CCH’s emergency department is designated as a Level III Trauma Center, which means it offers:
- Around-the-clock immediate coverage from emergency medicine physicians.
- Prompt availability of general surgeons and anesthesiologists.
- Transfers to a Level I or Level II Trauma Center if you require more comprehensive care.
CCH has been a Level III Trauma Center since 2006. The medical staff and personnel in CCH’s trauma center have received specialty training to resuscitate and stabilize trauma patients.
The CCH ED offers the following programs and services:
- A streamlined patient triage system.
- Twelve beds designated especially for heart patients, laboring mothers and orthopedic patients.
- Telestroke, a telehealth service for stroke diagnosis and treatment.
- Specialized services and equipment for pediatric patients.
- Telehealth psychiatry.
- Telehealth behavioral health screening.
- A staff of nurses trained in evidence collection for sexual assaults. They are available 24/7.
- Stop the Bleed
- Stroke care
For more information on our services, please visit our What to expect in the emergency department page.
Columbus Community Hospital
4600 38th St.
Columbus, Nebraska 68602-1800