CCH Child Care Center - FAQs
Below is a list of frequently asked questions about our facility. If you do not find the answer to your question here or on our main webpage, please contact Melinda Long, Child Care Center director, at 402-562-3289 or email@example.com.
Hours and availability
- Is the Child Care Center open on holidays? Am I charged if my child is not there on holidays? The Child Care Center is open on holidays that fall on Monday through Friday, depending on need. This benefit is only for CCH employees who are working on the holiday. If you do not bring your child on a holiday, you will not be charged.
- What if I do not choose to use the Child Care Center as my permanent child care, but I want to use it as a backup option? You can use the Child Care Center as a drop-in facility if your child is pre-enrolled and space is available. If you call the day you need child care and do not have your child pre-enrolled, there is a chance we will not be able to take your child.
- What if I am pregnant and want a spot for my baby when he/she is born? We will never guarantee a spot. When you find out you are expecting, we encourage you to call and be placed on the wait list.
- In what priority will the available spots be allocated?
- CCH employees
- Medical professionals
- If I want to decrease my hours at any time, will the Child Care Center hold my child’s spot? You may decrease your contracted hours and give them to another CCH employee if they are on the wait list or want extra hours. But when you want to increase your hours again, extra hours may not be available.
If my employment with CCH ends, what will happen to my child care rate? If your employment with CCH ends, unfortunately, you will forfeit your child’s spot at the Child Care Center within 30 days of termination. This also applies when you change to a PRN status within the hospital.
Payment and rates
- What do “contracted rates” mean for me? The term “contracted rates” means that you are assuring the Child Care Center a certain number of hours, and paying the same rate every two weeks when you stay within your contracted hours.
- What happens if I go over my contracted hours? If you go over your contracted hours, you will pay the same hourly rate for the extra time used. Extra time must be approved in advance by the Child Care Center director.
- Why would extra time not be approved by the Child Care Center director? Approval of extra time will be based on availability.
- Do I have to pay every week, every two weeks, or monthly? The contract is set up for every two weeks. You may pay half the bill each week or pay in full every two weeks. However, since you will know the set amount, you are welcome to put credit on your account so it splits up your bill. We will not accept monthly payments unless they are approved by the Child Care Center director.
- Can I have the payment taken out of my check, or will I have to write a check to the Child Care Center? Child Care Center payments may be made with cash, check, and credit or debit cards. Payroll deduction is available for any full-time CCH employee, and for any other CCH employee statuses on a case-by-case basis.
- Why are the rates not as low as my in-home provider’s? Extended hours of operation, the quality of our staff, enhanced security and higher overhead costs associated with operating a child care center result in a rate that is higher than in-home rates, but less than other centers in Columbus.
Services and amenities
- Will my child have the same provider day to day? We are committed to providing consistency from day to day, but adjustments are possible to ensure adequate staffing. Be assured that qualified and compassionate staff will treat your child like family.
- Do you supply diapers or wipes? Diapers are supplied by families for their child’s use. The Child Care Center provides wipes at no additional cost.
- Is transportation provided? Unfortunately, we are not offering transportation at this time.
Columbus Community Hospital
Child Care Center
3970 Health Parkway
Columbus, Nebraska 68602-1800
Melinda Long, director
Kristin Bierman, assistant director