Brain Injury Treatment
After a patient has suffered a concussion, stroke or spinal cord injury, daily tasks may become difficult. A comprehensive therapy plan can help patients overcome those limitations.
The team at Columbus Community Hospital provides individualized care plans to meet the physical, cognitive and medical needs of patients with brain injuries. Doctors, nurses and therapists create plans based on patients' diagnoses and varying needs.
Many treatment options and therapies are available at Columbus Community Hospital Rehabilitative Services that feature the latest advances in rehabilitation technology for traumatic brain injuries, strokes, spinal cord injuries and concussion management.
Physical, occupational and speech therapists at the Columbus Wellness Center collaborate to provide specialized care for patients with concussions. A concussion can be caused by the whiplash effect when direct contact or forceful position changes happen to the head or body. Concussions can affect the function of the brain and cause memory deficits, dizziness, headaches, behavior changes and other symptoms.
Rehabilitative Services offers:
- Interactive Metronome® for cognition, attention, balance and motor coordination.
- Biodex Biosway™ balance testing and training system.
- Biodex Freestep SAS (Supported Ambulation System).
- Biodex Gait Trainer 2 treadmill and body weight support system for gait training.
- Dynavision™ D2 Lightboard system.
- OpTec Vision Testing system.
- SSI S-3000 driving simulator.
- Vestibular therapy.
- Aquatic therapy pool for gait, balance, endurance and strengthening.
- Manual therapy treatment approaches for neck and back pain, inflammation, muscle tension, vertebral (neck and back) mobility, headaches.
- AlterG® anti-gravity treadmill for return to walking and running exercise and training.
CCH also offers specific programs for stroke rehabilitation and a stroke/traumatic brain injury support group to help a patient improve his or her mobility, treat physical problems and provide emotional care.
Rehabilitative Services helps patients through a multidisciplinary approach to address vision, balance, weakness, speech or other issues present in a patient. Therapists work with patients one-on-one for personalized care.
For more information about brain injury treatment available, please call CCH's Rehabilitative Services at the Columbus Wellness Center.
Rehabilitative Services at the Columbus Wellness Center
3912 38th Street, Suite A
Columbus, NE 68601