Walk with a Doc
Columbus Community Hospital’s Occupational Health Services hosts a Walk with a Doc event the third Tuesday of each month from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Members of the public are invited to attend these events which encourage physical activity in people of all ages in order to reverse the consequences of a sedentary lifestyle. While participants walk at their own pace, they will also have the opportunity to get their health questions answered by CCH medical professionals.
It’s a great way to get out, get active and enjoy all the benefits that come from walking. The events last about an hour. No registration is necessary and no special gear is needed.
Walk with a Doc events are held at various locations. The walking location in the event of inclement weather is the US 30 Center Mall.
CCH employees will receive 150 SimplyWell points for participating in Walk with a Doc. Employees will be required to sign in at the event and OHS will coordinate with SimplyWell to distribute wellness points, as needed.
Upcoming Walk with a Doc Events
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019: “Seven ‘Pills’ for Health, Long Life and Happiness” with Kim Harm at Frankfort Square
- Tuesday, September 17, 2019: “The benefits of walking your pet” with Dr. Ann Kramer at Pawnee Park (meet outside Memorial Stadium)
- Tuesday, October 8, 2019: “Six Ways Social Media Has Changed Health and Fitness” with Kelli Thomazin, PA-C at CCC Physical Education Center
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019: “Exercise and walking for better back health” with Randy Perault, MSPT, Cert MDT, ATC at 1C Church Wood Gym
- Tuesday, December 17, 2019: “Health & Wellness Trends for 2020” with Dr. Luke Lemke at US 30 Center Mall
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020: “Exercise, digestive health and colon cancer prevention” with Dr. Jeremy Albin at 1C Church Wood Gym
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020: “The Benefits of an Annual Exam” with Dr. Ed Discoe at US 30 Center Mall
- Tuesday, March 17, 2020: “Revive your skin after being outdoors” with Dr. Sanjay Murkerji at US 30 Center Mall
- Tuesday, April 21, 2020: “Mindful Eating & Overcoming Cravings” with Kelli Thomazin, PA-C at Lake Esther
For more information on Walk with a Doc, contact:
Columbus Community Hospital
Occupational Health Services
3005 19th Street, Suite 300
Columbus, NE 68601-4252