Walk with a Doc
Columbus Community Hospital’s Occupational Health Services hosts a Walk with a Doc event the third Tuesday of each month from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Members of the public are invited to attend these events which encourage physical activity in people of all ages in order to reverse the consequences of a sedentary lifestyle. While participants walk at their own pace, they will also have the opportunity to get their health questions answered by CCH medical professionals.
It’s a great way to get out, get active and enjoy all the benefits that come from walking. The events last about an hour. No registration is necessary and no special gear is needed.
Walk with a Doc events are held at various locations. The walking location in the event of inclement weather is the US 30 Center Mall.
CCH employees will receive 150 SimplyWell points for participating in Walk with a Doc. Employees will be required to sign in at the event and OHS will coordinate with SimplyWell to distribute wellness points, as needed.
Upcoming Walk with a Doc Events
- Tuesday, December 18, 2018 – Exercise when sick: Should you sweat it out? with Dr. Michelle Sell - 1C Concrete Gym
- Tuesday, January 15, 2019 – A Good Night’s Sleep with Dr. Jeffrey Gotschall - 1C Wood Gym
- Tuesday, February 19, 2019 – The Dangers of Caffeine with Dr. Joseph Citta - 1C Wood Gym
- Tuesday, March 19, 2019 – Headphones and your Hearing with Dr. Nila Novotny - US 30 Center Mall
- Tuesday, April 16, 2019 – Mindful Eating: Learn How to Listen and Nourish Your Body with Kelli Thomazin, PA-C - Pawnee Park (meet in front of Memorial Stadium)
For more information on Walk with a Doc, contact:
Columbus Community Hospital
Occupational Health Services
3005 19th Street, Suite 300
Columbus, NE 68601-4252