CCH Child Care Center
The 14,000 square-foot, state-licensed Columbus Community Hospital Child Care Center is capable of serving more than 100 children. The facility is open from 5 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and provides infant, toddler, preschool and school-age care.
Staff members follow a curriculum that includes suggested activities and teaching guidelines. They also provide healthy and nutritious snacks and encourage physical activity throughout the day.
The quality of the center staff is second to none — with many teachers holding degrees in early childhood education. Each employee has a passion for guiding, nurturing and helping young minds to learn and grow. See our list of programs below and check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
The Columbus Community Hospital Child Care Center offers a variety of programs to serve children and families in our community, including:
- Infant Rooms – We have three infant rooms that serve infants between the ages of 6 weeks and 18 months. There are eight infants per room and two child care providers per room. Infants are divided into the following age groups: 6 weeks to 7 months, 7 months to 12 months and 12 months to 18 months.
- Toddler Rooms – We have three toddler rooms that serve toddlers between the ages of 18 months and 36 months. There are 12 toddlers per room and two child care providers per room. Toddlers are divided into the following age groups: 18 months to 24 months, 24 months to 30 months, and 30 months to 36 months.
- Preschool Rooms – We have three preschool rooms that serve preschoolers from the age of 36 months until the child starts school. There are 10 children per room and one child care provider per room. Preschoolers are divided into the following age groups: 3-year-olds, 4-year-olds, and 4-6-year-olds. Preschool care is offered from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, with structured extended care from 12:30 to 7:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Preschool programs are offered as a Monday, Wednesday, Friday class or a Tuesday and Thursday class. Pre-kindergarten programs are offered from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Pre-K Room – We have one pre-K room that serves children who are more than 4 years old. There are 12 children per room and one child care provider per room.
- School-Age Room – We have one school-age room that serves children from the day they start school until they are 12 years old. There are 15 children per room and one child care provider per room. This program is offered before school, after school and on school days off during the school year. Summer care is offered Monday to Friday.
Columbus Community Hospital
Child Care Center
3970 Health Parkway
Columbus, Nebraska 68602-1800