Diabetes Awareness Day
10/9/2018 - 3:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Columbus Wellness Center
Area residents can learn more about Diabetes and its risk factors by attending an event that will provide education, resources and fun for all ages. The 15th Annual Diabetes Awareness Day will be held on Tuesday, October 9th, from 3:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at the Columbus Wellness Center.
Columbus Community Hospital, Columbus Lion’s Club and Columbus Community Hospital’s Occupational Health Services will provide health screenings including:
In addition to health screenings, there will be numerous booths providing information about diabetes, exercise and topics related to the disease.
- Blood sugar
- Blood pressure
- Bone density
- Foot checks
- A1c - $20
- Fingerstick cholesterol screening - $8
- Influenza immunization - $21
- Pneumovax vaccine - $120
- Prevnar 13 vaccine - $170
Programs for the event will include:
- 4:15 p.m. – “National Diabetes Prevention Program” by a panel of past and present participants in the program. Healthy snacks will be provided.
- 5:00 p.m. – “Diabetes and Wound Care” by Jeremy Albin, MD-FACS – Columbus General Surgery
- 6:00 p.m. – “Healthy Cooking Demonstration” by Chef Nadar Farabod - Billy's Restaurant-Lincoln. Sponsored by Nebraska Pork Producers.
Diabetes Awareness Day is sponsored by Columbus Community Hospital, Columbus Family YMCA, Columbus Lions Club and the Columbus Telegram. For more information, please contact Columbus Community Hospital’s Diabetes Education Department at 402-562-4462.
Back to Calendar