Diabetes Awareness Day
10/10/2017 - 3:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Columbus Wellness Center
Area residents can learn more about Diabetes and its risk factors by attending an event that will provide education, resources and fun for all ages. The 14th Annual Diabetes Awareness Day will be held on Tuesday, October 10th, from 3:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at the Columbus Wellness Center.
Columbus Community Hospital, Columbus Lion’s Club and Columbus Community Hospital’s Occupational Health Services will provide health screenings including:
In addition to health screenings, there will be numerous booths providing information about diabetes, exercise and topics related to the disease.
- Blood sugar
- Blood pressure
- Bone density
- Foot checks
- A1c - $20
- Fingerstick cholesterol screening - $8
- Flu shot - $21
- Pneumovax vaccine - $120
- Prevnar 13 vaccine - $170
Programs for the event will include:
- 4:15 p.m. – “Fiber and Protein in Your Diet” by Susan Olmer, RD, LMNT – Columbus Community Hospital
- 5:00 p.m. – “Healthy Cooking Demonstration” by Chef Nader Farabod – Billy’s Restaurant-Lincoln and sponsored by the Nebraska Pork Producers
- 5:45 p.m. – “Foot Care with Diabetes” by Brandon Borer, DPM – Columbus Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Clinic
- 6:30 p.m. – “Take Control of Your Diabetes” – Diabetes panel of experts to answer questions.
- Brandon Borer, DPM – Columbus Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Clinic
- Joseph Citta, MD – Columbus Family Practice
- Jennifer Swantek, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC – Columbus Community Hospital
- Alicia Mueller, BSN, RN – Columbus Community Hospital
- Jay Pelan, PT, DPT – Premier Physical Therapy
- Josh Jaeger, PharmD – Columbus Community Hospital
Diabetes Awareness Day is sponsored by Columbus Community Hospital, Columbus Family YMCA, Columbus Lions Club and the Columbus Telegram. For more information, please contact Columbus Community Hospital’s Diabetes Education Department at 402-562-4462.
Back to Calendar