Ways to give
There are many ways to donate to the Columbus Community Hospital Foundation. To make an online donation now – visit the main foundation page on our website. Or, read below to learn more about your donation options.
People can contribute to the foundation through:
- Outright gifts: These include memorials, cash gifts, real estate, appreciated stock, collections (art, etc.) and U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Planned giving: This includes bequests, life insurance policies, charitable remainder trusts and IRAs. Estate gifts often represent the most significant donations the foundation receives. When we know we are part of your estate plan, we can communicate with you about the hospital, naming rights and more.
- Major gifts: Gifts of $5,000 and greater are considered major gifts. In these situations, the foundation will request your permission to recognize your name or the name of your choosing. This permits us to thank you for your generosity and inspire others to follow your example.
- Participation in our Holing Out Fore Health Golf Outing: Since this charitable event started in 2003, it has raised more than $1 million for health care programs and equipment at CCH.
- Memorial trees: Trees can be donated as memorials in honor of individuals or groups, and are then planted on the CCH campus, southwest of the hospital’s main entrance, near the gazebo. CCH Foundation staff members help the donor select an appropriate species and location. Each tree may be identified with one commemorative plaque. View the Memorial Tree Map to see current dedicated trees.
When donors give to the foundation, their gift goes directly to the purpose(s) they choose to support. Donors may choose from the following ongoing needs:
- Program funding assistance: This supports CCH programs such as home health/hospice, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, physical therapy, occupational therapy, Wiggles & Giggles Therapy for Kids, skilled nursing care, diabetes education, Precious H.E.A.R.TS. memorial program, or benevolent care, which provides financial assistance to qualified CCH patients.
- Equipment/medical advancement: With the help of donors, CCH directs as many dollars as possible every year to purchasing vital, new technology.
- Greatest Needs fund: Gifts to the Greatest Needs fund provide resources to help resolve the hospital's most pressing concerns.
- Scholarships: Contributions to scholarships enable hospital staff and students in the medical field to pursue additional education.
Foundation donors can also express gratitude for the care they received through CCH by recognizing a “Care Champion” — a hospital employee they feel provided extraordinary care. To make a donation in the name of a Care Champion, fill out this Care Champion form, which will allow you to recognize a special hospital employee while donating to CCH.
When you donate to the foundation, you can be assured that your contributions are managed and invested wisely, and that your charitable wishes are honored. These assurances by the foundation will be fulfilled through active voluntary leadership and professional staff guidance, in accordance with current legal regulations and accepted ethical standards.
You may contribute any amount to any foundation existing fund with a direct gift, or by adding the foundation to your estate plan. We gratefully accept gifts of real estate, appreciated stock, U.S. Savings Bonds, collections, etc..
For more information on how you can donate to the Columbus Community Hospital Foundation, contact us at:
Columbus Community Hospital Foundation
4600 38th St.
P.O. Box 1800
Columbus, Nebraska 68602-1800