PatientSecure® Biometric Identification System
As part of its registration process, Columbus Community Hospital uses PatientSecure®. This cutting-edge patient identification system uses palm vein recognition. The vein pattern in your palm is highly unique to you, and provides the highest accuracy in biometric scanning.
The PatientSecure® scanner uses a near-infrared technique to capture your vein pattern information. Near-infrared light is the shortest wavelength of infrared light and is harmless. It is the same type of infrared light used in devices such as your TV’s remote control.
Once enrolled in PatientSecure®, you are identified at CCH and your correct medical record is retrieved each and every time you receive services there.
Other benefits of PatientSecure®, include:
- Patient Safety: Your identity is instantly confirmed at registration. This ensures that the registrar accesses your personal medical record. In an emergency, we can access your medical record even if you are unconscious.
- Protection from Identity Theft: The system ensures accurate patient ID at registration. No one can pretend to be you.
- Privacy: The system limits the amount of personal information (social security number, address, etc.) that needs to be said aloud.
- Fast Registration: The scanning and identification process take only seconds.
- Convenience: Once enrolled through PatientSecure®, your record can be accessed instantly.