Pre-Diabetes Class Offered at Columbus Community Hospital
Columbus, NE (July, 2010) - Are you at risk for Pre-diabetes or Type 2 diabetes? If you can answer yes to more than one of the following statements, you may be at risk for the disease.
1) I am overweight.
2) I get little or no exercise during a usual day.
3) I am over 45 years of age.
4) I am a woman who had a baby weighing more than nine pounds at birth or had gestational diabetes during pregnancy.
5) I have a parent, sister or brother with diabetes.
6) My family background is African American, American Indian, Asian American, Hispanic/Latino or Pacific Islander.
7) My blood pressure is 140/90 or higher or I have been told that I have high blood pressure.
8) My cholesterol levels are not normal. My HDL cholesterol is less than 40 (for men) or less than 50 (for women) or my triglyceride level is 250 or higher.
If you would like to find out more about pre-diabetes and preventing diabetes, join us for the class that is being offered by Columbus Community Hospital’s Outpatient Diabetes Educators. The class will be held from 6:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 27 in the Third Floor Conference Center of the hospital. Pre-registration is required and there is a $25 fee, which can be paid the evening of class. You may bring a support person at no additional cost.
For more information or to register for the class, contact the hospital at 402-562-4462 or register online at www.columbushosp.org